I posted another guide to setup remote WOL with iOS apps. In my situation I needed to wake up two separate computers and my other method only allows one to work with ios app. In this setup you can keep the ease of access for one computer with ios app and also use this guide to wol unlimited computers with access to internet browser (iphone/computer etc).
IMPORTANT:CHANGE ROUTER LOGIN INFORMATION TO CUSTOM LOGIN AND PASSWORD TO PREVENT HACKING INTO HOME NETWORK/ROUTER
Refer to my other guide for initial computer setup to enable WOL.
Login to DDWRT router
Go to Status -> WAN
- Look for IP address as shown in picture below (write it down)
- Check enable WOL box next to computers you want to be able to WOL. Hit save and apply settings at bottom and make sure under WOL Addresses shows your computers listed like below
- ex. ip address – 126.96.36.199 port – 6969
- This should take you to router login so input your information
- Then click add to homepage (makes it easy to access from IOS homescreen)